When I tell you that this Protein Rich Crustless Quiche might be one of my new favorite meals for any time of day, I mean it! Savory and filling plus 16 grams of protein in one slice!
I know I know, everything’s about protein right now with my recipes. But y’all, I’m really trying not to shrivel up and I am learning so much about how vital protein is for an aging body so I’m all in! If you missed my Gluten Free Chocolate Peanut Butter Protein Bread or my Protein Packed Salad Dressing, make sure to check those out too!
This week so far I’ve made my Chicken Lettuce Wraps and my Paleo Cowboy Chili, both favorites of everyone who tries them (I mean for the most part – some people clearly have no taste). And I wanted to make a quiche tonight, or something like it. Recently Sadie, my middle, told me how much she loves sauteed zucchini so I figured that would be a great addition to this quiche. And then I started thinking – what if I loaded up the protein in this dish like I have in my other new recipes lately, and off I went.
I was curious how cottage cheese would do in quiche if I blended it until creamy and OMG, it’s fantastic. So between the 14g protein in that, the 36g in the 6 eggs, the 18g in the collagen, plus the cheeses and bacon, we’re talking about 16g of protein in 1/8 of the pan! And if you eat more like my kids and husband do, you’re upwards of 30g or more protein in your dinner. It’s so filling and delicious too – I think making this ahead for breakfast and pulling out a slice throughout the week might just be my next plan.
So if you’re also trying to figure out ways to increase your protein consumption, give this one a go – I think you’ll be shocked just how much flavor AND protein is baked into one pan.
Protein Rich Crustless Quiche
- 6 eggs
- 8 ounces shredded Swiss cheese
- 2 scoops grass fed collagen
- 3 zucchini squash, chopped and sauteed
- 1/2 cup cottage cheese
- 1/4 tsp each – Ground black pepper, onion powder, garlic powder
- 8 ounces cooked bacon, chopped
- 1/3 cup shaved parmesan cheese
- Preheat oven to 350F
- Combine the eggs and cottage cheese in a mixing bowl and use a stick blender to blend until smooth
- Add in all remaining ingredients except for the bacon and parmesan
- Stir then transfer into a medium casserole dish, exact size/shape not important
- Bake for 20 minutes, then carefully pull out oven rack with casserole dish and sprinkle the parmesan shavings and chopped bacon on top
- Bake for another 20-30 minutes or until the center of the casserole is cooked through and an inserted toothpick comes out clean
- Slice and serve