Paleo Chicken Lettuce Wraps
Chinese food is tricky when it comes to eating grain free, because even wheat free tamari (soy sauce) is still soy based. Bummer! This recipe uses coconut aminos and is a really great stand-in when soy is out! Ingredients:
- 2 pounds ground chicken
- 2 tablespoons avocado oil
- 1 large onion diced
- 2 teaspoons minced garlic
- 3 tablespoons Coconut Aminos
- 1 teaspoon hot mustard
- 1 teaspoon sriracha
- 1 teaspoon coconut palm sugar
- Optional: water chestnuts
- 1 bunch romaine or iceberg lettuce (i used romaine leaves)
- 1/4 teaspoon sriracha
- 1/4 teaspoon hot mustard
- 2 tablespoons coconut aminos
- 1.5 teaspoons coconut palm sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon apple cider vinegar
- Brown diced onion and ground chicken in avocado oil over medium/high heat
- Add in minced garlic, coconut aminos, mustard, sriracha, and coconut palm sugar once chicken is cooked through.
- Let cook an additional 2 minutes or until ingredients are well dissolved and incorporated
- For sauce, combine all ingredients in a small saucepan over medium heat for a minute or two
- Spoon chicken mixture into individual romaine leaves
- Drizzle with sauce and enjoy right away
Made these for dinner tonight and they were really good! I also appreciate how quick and easy the recipe was! I did end up making a second batch of sauce though and will definitely double it next tome! Thanks for a great recipe!
Wonderful so glad to hear!
Thank you for all the wonderful recipes, you make paleo easier to follow!
Thank you Darlene, I appreciate that so much!