Do you have a plan? No, I’m not talking about retirement funds or hurricane evacuation, I am talking HALLOWEEN CANDY!!! In a few weeks, candy will be flowing by the truckload and inundating healthy (and unhealthy) homes everywhere! We have done candy buy-backs which are a great way to let the kids pick out something fun in exchange for handing over their high fructose corn syrup treats colored with Blue 1 Lake…Um, what is THAT anyway?!!? But sometimes they still want a treat, and honestly I am okay with that if it is the RIGHT kind of treat!
So where were we… oh yes, a plan! If you are planning on trick or treating but don’t actually want your people dining on garbage afterwards, it’d be a good idea to have some back ups! I have several go-to candy recipes which we thoroughly enjoy in our house on special occasions. And today I made these spooky beauties – SKULL GUMMIES! The kids had a blast
playing with eating these!
So this Halloween, don’t be caught without a plan! If you want to make some of these ahead of time, you can always freeze them. Being prepared will help ease the transition from junk to joy!
Skull Gummies Recipe:
- 1/2 cup full fat coconut milk
- 10 drops stevia drops; I used these English Toffee ones
- 2 teaspoons grass fed gelatin (red can)
- You can find the mold I used here or a similar one here
- In a small saucepan, combine coconut milk and stevia drops
- Stir over medium/high heat and then incorporate gelatin, whisking vigorously until it is incorporated well without lumps
- Pour mixture into the molds and refrigerate for 15-30 minutes or until “set”
- Carefully press the edges of the molds to loosen the gummies and gently pry them out
Scroll down for the HALLOWEEN CANDY SWAP OUT LINKS!!!