Homemade Fruit Gummies
We’ve all been there…the snack aisle. The kids have identified all of their favorite characters on the boxes of those fruit chews. Ever pick up a box? Eeks.
Luckily there are a few brands now who make their snacks out of 100% fruit, but they tend to be expensive and harder to find. Check these out! Quick, simple, and less than 5 ingredients! You’ll feel a lot better about what’s going into your wee ones and they’ll be pretty darn happy too!
Have kids who are walking and talking? Let them join in on the fun. Kids love helping in the kitchen and this is an easy enough recipe to involve even littler ones. They’ll enjoy seeing the fruits of their labor and snacking on them too!
- 1 cup organic fruit juice (I used grape)
- 1/4 cup gelatin (I used this one)
- 1 teaspoon coconut sugar (omit for aip)
- the juice from 1/2 lemon
- 2-3 small silicone ‘candy’ molds (I used these and this)
- Combine all ingredients in a small saucepan until heated through and well combined
- Quickly remove from heat and carefully pour into molds
- Refrigerate for an hour or until firmed