Paleo “Peanot” Butter Cups
Look it’s more chocolate! Except this time there is a special treat inside. These are copycat peanut butter cups but without peanuts, dairy, PGPR (huh?), or TBHQ (wha?). Oh and guess what? They are quick and simple too.
I think it’s crazy that we are expected to trust what’s on supermarket shelves when we can’t even pronounce the ingredients! Especially as a mom, I get a little squeamish and REALLY apprehensive when my kids show me treats they are interested in off shelves.
I’m not saying you have to be militant and thank goodness there are some healthier, cleaner options out there right now to purchase out of convenience sake, but sheesh! Sometimes you just have to make your own to know that we do hold the power, we can vote with our dollar, and sometimes homemade tastes that much better!
Paleo “Peanot” Butter CupsScale
- Melt chocolate chips and coconut oil in saucepan over low heat until melted
- Using a small spoon, fill bottom of each candy mold opening
- Next take a small amount of sunbutter and place on top of chocolate in molds
- Finish it off with another dollop of melted chocolate, being careful not to overfill
- Place mold in freezer for about 20-30 minutes, sometimes less
- Remove and flip mold over, candies should come out easily