i recently had an organic grain free clif bar that was pretty darn good. it was lemony but not overwhelmingly so and had chia seeds, pumpkin seeds, and some other goodies. like my lala truffles, these are easy, inexpensive and packed with great ingredients!
- 1 cup pitted dates
- 1/4 cup chia seeds
- 1/4 cup pumpkin seeds
- 1/4 cup pecans
- 1 teaspoon organic vanilla
- the juice from one lemon
- optional: unsweetened coconut, additional chia seeds, and/or enjoy life chocolate chips for rolling
- combine dates, chia seeds, pumpkin seeds, pecans, vanilla, and lemon juice in a food processor or blender
- take small amounts to form truffles by rolling them between your hands
- leave as is or coat with optional toppings
These were great! A nice change of flavor from most energy type balls. Very fresh tasting!