INSTANT POT CHICKEN MARINARA is another great time-saving week night meal that is both budget conscious and crowd-pleasing as well!
Yes, that’s gluten free rice based pasta under that chicken. Since some of you will be very distracted by said noodles, let’s just get that on out there. Fortunately my family tolerates gluten free grains and while I tend to limit corn (the actual devil), rice is a pretty innocuous grain for my tribe. Add that to the fact that my kids are Active with a capital “A” and you understand I gotta keep those carbs coming!
Now that THAT’S out of the way, let’s talk about the most delicious chicken sitting atop that pasta. So tender, so juicy, so FREAKIN’ FAST Y’ALL! I had 2 pounds of boneless chicken breasts, a jar of marinara, my PALEO CHEESE recipe, and a package of gf pasta and BOOM, dinner.
You can cook your pasta in less time than the chicken takes to prepare and you’ve got a full meal on the table in about 20 minutes. It’s seriously insane. Don’t forget you can use a paleo friendly pasta like THIS homemade one I wrote a few years ago or THIS one that is almond flour based.
If you haven’t been counting down like I have, my new book, AFFORDABLE PALEO COOKING WITH YOUR INSTANT POT is only a few months away! It has 74 new recipes for your IP that are all paleo, 90% 21 Day Sugar Detox compliant, 100% nut free, 90% egg free, and completely free of sweeteners and paleo flours! I can’t even wait to share it with you, but in the meantime, make this Instant Pot Chicken Marinara to tide you over. Got it? Mkay. So stop stressing over dinner and make it in a snap. Your people will thank you and you’ll have more time for Real Housewives.Print
INSTANT POT CHICKEN MARINARA
- Pour the marinara sauce into your Instant Pot and place your chicken breasts directly into the sauce
- Add in the garlic and secure the lid of your Instant Pot, closing off the pressure valve
- Press the Pressure Cook/Manual button and adjust the time with your +/- buttons until 15 minutes is reflected
- Allow the chicken to cook while you prepare your pasta (if desired), and have your “cheese” ready to roll
- Once the cooking cycle completes, quick release the pressure valve and remove the lid once safe to do so
- Serve the chicken and sauce over your noodles (or zoodles) right away OR ALTERNATIVELY… if you are using the “cheese” recipe, transfer the pasta, chicken, then sauce into a casserole dish and spoon some of the “cheese” on top
- If you’d like, slide your plate into a conventional oven to quickly bake the cheese under your broiler for just a couple minutes and then serve hot, garnished with parsley