Where’s the party? This just might be the star of the show, so make a batch of this Veggie Packed Bacon Buffalo Chicken Dip for your next event!
The bad news is, I’m becoming the crazy cat lady of cauliflower. I’m finding ways to sneak it into almost every new recipe I make including my Paleo Tamale Pie and these Paleo Mocha Chocolate Chip Muffins with Hidden Veggies. Either I am obsessed with cauliflower (I can assure you I’m not), or I’m trying desperately to make sure that we get more veggies in daily (yep, that’s more like it). ‘
As the holidays approach, I know that we are going to be eating a little more sugar, getting a lot more stressed, and as I stare outside at the freezing cold rain, I also know we’ll be a little less active and deficient of sunshine. So I’m using this opportunity to really take a look at how I can get in more of the good stuff, because honestly, I’m less enthusiastic about fevers and pitiful faces than I am about candy canes and snowball fights.
So I’m diggin’ deep and putting on my creative hat and finding ways to get in those veggies without feeling like I have to subsist on kale and salmon and chicken liver this season. Because sorry, but those are a lot less fun than buffalo chicken dip topped with crispy bacon. Amiright?!
So take a dip in my dip, you’ll be so glad you did!!
Veggie Packed Bacon Buffalo Chicken Dip
- 1 pound chicken breast
- 1 cup water
- 1 teaspoon garlic salt
- 14 ounces cauliflower florets, fresh or frozen
- 4 tablespoons ghee or vegan butter
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon onion powder
- 8 ounces dairy free cream cheese like Kite Hill or the recipe from The New Yiddish Kitchen
- 1/4 cup buffalo hot sauce like THIS one or more
- 1/4–1/2 cup dairy free milk, THIS or THIS work well
- 8 ounces crispy cooked bacon, chopped
- Celery sticks or Siete Foods Tortilla Chips for serving
- Preheat oven to 350F
- Place your chicken, water, and 1 teaspoon garlic salt into your Instant Pot, secure the lid, close the pressure valve and cook on Manual for 12 minutes (you can alternatively bake or boil the chicken)
- While the chicken cooks, spoon your 4 tablespoons of ghee or butter into a skillet over medium heat on the stovetop
- Add in your cauliflower, onion, sea salt, garlic powder, and onion powder and saute for 8-10 minutes or until veggies are soft enough to be blended
- In a bowl, combine the cooked veggies, dairy free cream cheese, dairy free milk, and hot sauce, and use an immersion blender to blend until creamy. You can alternatively use a vertical blender
- Remove the chicken from the Instant Pot, drain the water, and chop the chicken or shred it into small bite sized pieces
- Add the chicken to the creamy dip and transfer it to a casserole dish around 8×6 or 9×7, and bake for 20 minutes
- Remove from oven and top with crisped bacon
- Serve with Siete Foods Tortilla Chips or celery sticks