Want a treat but need more veggies? Make my Paleo Mocha Chocolate Chip Muffins with Hidden Veggies to do it all in one bite!
There’s something you should know about me. I like shortcuts. Maybe call me a bit lazy, or maybe just say I have a strong desire for efficiency. Either way, my secret’s out.
If you’ve been reading this blog for awhile, you know I have snuck veggies into delicious treats before. In fact, I was so successful at my first attempt, some people have even served up a helping of spinach at their kids’ birthday parties without anyone knowing with THIS RECIPE. The perfect revenge on kids who hate green foods if I do say so myself.
I had another idea this weekend while I was taking another shortcut. I was making my instant coffee, yes instant, and realized that a muffin was on the horizon. I mean, my hands are tied, what choice did I really have?
So yes, instant coffee. I’ve been making it for awhile now because honestly mornings during the school year are like me literally trying not to lose my mind and have a nervous breakdown all before 8am. So I learned that if I am to properly caffeinate, sometimes I need to be lazy. I mean efficient. I have two brands of instant coffee I use regularly, THIS one and THIS one. Both are organic and get the job done, especially when I combine them with my dairy free creamer and collagen I can join the human world again without collapsing.
The other “efficiency” in this recipe is to add in veggies where there otherwise would have been only a treat. I used cauliflower in this one and the texture is absolutely perfect and nobody will know you’d find nutrition in there! So now you’ve got the antioxidant power of cocoa powder, coffee, AND cauliflower all in one little muffin. Who knew a muffin could add 20 years to your life. <<wink>>Print
Paleo Mocha Chocolate Chip Muffins with Hidden Veggies
- 3 large eggs
- 1/2 cup dairy free milk
- 1/4 cup olive or avocado oil (or melted ghee or melted coconut oil)
- 1/2 cup maple syrup
- 1/ teaspoon 100% vanilla extract
- 2 teaspoons apple cider vinegar
- 1/2 cup coconut sugar
- 1.25 cups cassava flour
- 1 cup “riced” cauliflower (raw)
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- Pinch sea salt
- 1 tablespoon instant coffee
- 2 tablespoons cocoa powder
- 1 cup fair trade dairy free chocolate chips
- Preheat the oven to 350F
- Place muffin liners into a muffin tin (this makes around 12)
- Combine wet ingredients in a blender and turn on low for around 30 seconds
- Add in the other ingredients except for the chocolate chips and blend at medium speed or until the batter is smooth without lumps
- Stir in the chocolate chips by hand
- Distribute the batter evenly in the muffin cups and bake for around 25 minutes or until an inserted toothpick comes out clean
- Serve warm or freeze for later