Growing up almost every grown-up party my parents dragged me to had a giant plate of those tasty lil sausage balls. You know the ones – with the Bisquick and cheddar cheese? Man, they are good. So good that I could stand by that plate all evening and stuff my face, popping in one after another.
When I went gluten free, I could still get away with making these lil snackers by subbing gluten free Bisquick and loading up on cheese. Then things got challenging – I ditched the grain and the dairy too. Since that time, I have made attempts to recreate my faves so that I can feel like a “normal” person.
These Paleo Maple Pecan Sausage Balls are delish! They are made without flour and cheese but you won’t miss either! They are perfect for making ahead and grabbing for on-the-go breakfasts, for serving as a sweet and savory appetizer, or for eating for dinner alongside your favorite veggies. Any way you serve them, your plate will be left empty and your tummy happy!
- 1 package (1 lb) breakfast sausage, pasture raised when available
- 1/2 cup pecan meal (grind your own using pecan halves or pieces)
- 1/2 cup Arrowroot Flour
- 3 tablespoons 100% maple syrup
- Preheat oven to 375
- Combine all ingredients
- Form golfball sized balls with the meat mixture and place each one onto a parchment lined baking sheet
- Bake for 20-25 minutes or until cooked through
- Remove and serve, alone or with my dairy free Ranch Dressing