Looking for a way to enjoy your favorite potato salad without the carbs and nightshades? Try this Low Carb Instant Pot Fauxtato Salad for your starchy fix without the starch!
I am a stubborn girl. I admit it. I don’t like being told what to do and usually do the opposite when I am. I know, I’m a real treasure. And a rebel. But aside from that I am also a people pleaser and like to see those around me happy! You see how confusing this is? It’s even harder to live it.
What in the everloving world does this have to do with Low Carb Instant Pot Fauxtato Salad you ask?
Well, I posted my REAL Instant Pot Potato Salad photo from Paleo Cooking with Your Instant Pot today on Instagram. A reader asked right away if I had a low carb version. I said nope. She said I should.
My gut instinct was to get persnickity and snarky, but then the part of me that loves ideas from readers for new recipes. So instead of telling my probably well-intentioned reader to go google one, I actually went to the store and got the stuff to make it myself. I figured, if this person was in search of a recipe like this, maybe others are too! And since I am a food blogger and all, I decided to earn my keep in the kitchen today with this new no-tato salad version.
My 7-year-old asked what the bowl was filled with and instead of telling her the truth (I know, such a game player), I told her potato salad like we eat with BBQ. She ate two bowls, proclaimed her love for it, and at that moment I knew I had no choice but to post it! Low carb, no nightshades, and packed with vegetables. How can you possibly go wrong with that? Hint: you can’t. Eat up, it makes a big batch!Print
Low Carb Instant Pot Fauxtato Salad
- Prep Time: 5
- Cook Time: 2
- Total Time: 7 minutes
- Yield: 6-8 servings
- Method: Instant Pot
- 1 cup water
- 30 ounces frozen cauliflower florets (2 large bags)
- 5 hard boiled eggs – find my Instant Pot recipe for hard boiled eggs HERE, peeled and chopped
- 1/3 cup high quality or homemade mayo
- 1/2 sweet onion, finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons yellow mustard
- Pinch black pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon dried or fresh dill chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon celery salt
- Mix together all ingredients except the cauliflower and water in a mixing bowl and set aside
- In the stainless steel bowl of your Instant Pot, pour in the cup of water and then place a steamer tray down into the bowl. THIS one works well
- Now add in your frozen cauliflower florets and close the lid. Seal off the pressure valve and press the “Pressure Cook/Manual” button
- Adjust the time using your +/- buttons until it reads 1 or 2 minutes. 2 minutes yields softer cauli which cooks quickly
- Once the cooking cycle completes, quick release the pressure valve and immediately pull out your cauliflower, shaking any water from the steamer basket into the sink
- Empty the steamed cauli into the mixing bowl with your other ingredients and stir to combine
- Top with additional dill to serve