Caramelized Onion Meatloaf
I love a good meatloaf and i love onions. so even if i am the only person pleased by this post, know that I am very happy when these onions and meatloaf joined forces. Luckily, I know my carnivorous family will scarf this down, so it will not be wasted! I always say that if you aren’t a meatloaf fan, that just means you haven’t met a meatloaf worth loving yet!
I always get great reviews on this one which means you might just like it too! Short on time? Toss this puppy into your Instant Pot by wrapping it in foil. High pressure for 30 minutes should do the trick or 35 minutes if you double this and use 2 pounds of meat! Enjoy y’all!
- 1 pound grass fed ground beef
- 2 small-medium sized onions
- 1 tablespoon coconut palm sugar
- 1 egg
- 2 tablespoons vegan butter, ghee, or preferred cooking fat
- 1/2 cup tapioca flour
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1 teaspoon worcestershire
- 1/4 cup organic ketchup sweetened with agave (or unsweetened)
- 1 teaspoon preferred seasoned salt
- preheat oven to 350
- over medium heat on stovetop, combine diced onions, butter, and coconut sugar in a skillet
- cook until browned and caramelized, remove from heat
- in a separate bowl, combine beef, egg, tapioca flour, garlic, worcestershire, ketchup, and seasoned salt
- lastly add onions in reserving 2 tablespoons for top
- put meat mixture into greased loaf pan
- top with an extra drizzle of ketchup and reserved onions or leave bare
- bake for 45 minutes or until cooked through
This is the best meatloaf I’ve ever had. I’ve spent a lifetime hating meatloaf, but this! Oh my! I make it weekly. Great recipe!
Wow! Thank you so much!