The A/C has been fixed which can only mean one thing! Ok actually it means many things like my house isn’t 90 degrees INSIDE anymore, my skin isn’t sticky, and the coconut oil is less runny. It ALSO means I am cooking again! I tried using a toaster oven a few times during the heat wave and even it was just too intense so dinners were pretty lame.
But I am back in business and it feels gooooood! I still don’t have a ton of groceries since I swore off cooking but I did have frozen wild caught cod, some bacon, and a few other kitchen staples.
And to be honest I sorta wanted to use my new Seasoned Steel Skillet from Lodge. I’m seriously in love with this thang. It’s lighter weight, has all the awesome cooking features of cast iron, but is a little easier to “sling around” in the kitch. If you are a cast iron fan or looking to take the plunge, I highly recommend this piece!
So here you go, a 30-min-din, full of flavor, and easy to serve up with steamed broccoli. I think this might be a new house fave!
- 1 pound wild caught cod (I used frozen
- 8 ounces bacon, chopped
- 1 onion, diced
- Garlic sea salt to taste
- Juice from 1 lemon
- 2 tablespoons olive oil, divided
- Dried or fresh parsley
- 3 tablespoons high quality or homemade mayonnaise
- Preheat oven to 350
- Place cod in a greased casserole dish and squeeze lemon juice on top, sprinkle parsley
- Sprinkle garlic sea salt (I used less than a teaspoon but gauge depending on your preference)
- Slide fish into oven for around 20 minutes
- In a skillet like THIS ONE, cook your bacon and onions until browned and crisped
- Remove the fish and spread the mayo on the fish, distributing evenly
- Spoon the bacon and onion mixture on top of the mayo and return to the oven for another 5-8 minutes
- Remove and serve