At long last, I’ve finally completed my manuscript for Paleo Kids Cookbook and am coming up for air! It’s been such an eventful Fall this year with my typical mom responsibilities, editing The New Yiddish Kitchen, and writing Paleo Kids. All fulfilling and rewarding and all overwhelming at times.
So as I was approaching the completion of this 3rd manuscript, I started realizing that I have failed at blogging miserably these past few months. I’ve been teasing you with all of the upcoming recipes for the books but have barely posted here.
Please accept this PALEO EGG ROLL SOUP as my apology. It’s really tasty and I think you’ll find it in your hearts to forgive me after you see how easy it is to make too! I made it in my Instant Pot, because I find it to be one of the world’s best inventions of all time, but feel free to make it on your stovetop or in a slow cooker.
- 1 tablespoon ghee, avocado oil, or olive oil
- 1 pound ground pastured pork
- 1 large onion, diced
- 32 ounces (4 cups) chicken or beef broth
- 1/2 head cabbage, chopped
- 2 cups shredded carrots
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- 1 teaspoon ground ginger
- 2/3 cup coconut aminos
- Optional: 2-3 tablespoons tapioca starch
- In your Instant Pot (or skillet) brown the ground pork in the tablespoon of cooking fat with the diced onion; cook until no longer pink
- Add in the remaining ingredients and cook for 25 minutes high pressure then quick release the pressure
- Remove lid and serve
- If you want a thicker soup, remove 1/4 cup of broth from the soup and stir in 2-3 tablespoons of tapioca starch. Reintroduce the slurry and stir well, it will thicken over the next few minutes