Mother’s Day is just around the corner and the menu planning has begun! I love that Mother’s day comes when the days are longer and the sun is warmer. Brunch is always a fun meal to celebrate this day as well, surrounded by family and friends and lots of smiling faces if we are lucky!
This is a tasty cool treat that is both refreshing and also completely clean eatin’. Allergen friendly, the whole crew can nosh away without worry. And lemon is the perfect Spring treat, both refreshing and excellent at palate cleansing!
You will need a mini-tray of some sort for this…I recommend using silicone because the tartlets are easy to pop out once chilled. I used this one.
- 1/4 cup shredded unsweetened coconut
- 1 tablespoon + 1 teaspoon local raw honey (keep honey for AIP but for Vegan option, switch out honey to maple syrup)
- 2 teaspoons coconut (melted) or avocado oil
- 1/4 cup lemon juice
- 1/4 cup coconut oil melted
- 1 tablespoon lemon zest (or more)
- 1/4 cup local raw honey (keep honey for AIP but for Vegan option, switch out honey to maple syrup)
- 2 tablespoons coconut cream (the cream separates from the top in a can of full fat coconut milk)
- Preheat oven to 350
- Combine crust ingredients and press into each cavity in your silicone tray
- Bake crust(s) for 10 minutes and remove to cool
- While crusts are baking, prepare the filling by combining the filling ingredients
- Spoon filling to top each crust and chill in freezer or refrigerator for half an hour
- Keep chilled until serving as filling can melt if overheated