Garlic Chive Green Beans
Oh man, I got a little caught up in the chocolate craze there for awhile. I mean I take full responsibility and all but my recipe-writing is back on track. For the record, I have not tried to actually live off chocolate for weeks at a time, but I bet you it could be done. Any volunteers? So we are big fans of the green bean.
It is an easy veggie to toss in to help make dinner complete. I always keep the haricot vert on hand (or skinny green beans as I like to call them) because they are quick to prepare and the kids are addicted. This version I even used organic FROZEN haricot vert because I had a bunch, and they still cooked up in a jiff in a skillet.
So if you are in need of a quick sidekick, this one should do the trick and keep your people happy (or your dogs, they like green beans too). Ingredients:
- 2 cups haricot vert
- 2 tablespoons avocado or olive oil
- 10 fresh chives minced (I use kitchen shears)
- 3 garlic cloves minced
- Sea salt to taste
- Cracked black pepper to taste
- Heat oil in a skillet over medium/high heat
- Add haricot vert to skillet and allow to start softening/warming
- Add garlic, fresh chives, and sea salt and continue sautéing until green beans are heated through