And just like that, we’ve transitioned from pumpkin to mint! It happens every year as the “popular coffee joints” bring back their seasonal festive bevs and matching seasonally appropriate colored paper cups. While I myself prefer to drink my own blend of “I know what’s in my cup” coffee, I do appreciate the seasonal flare and the spirit that it brings this time of year -when the plain ol white cups turn red.
It can be so tempting to pick up a Peppermint Mocha, I get that, so I wanted to create a fun and festive creamer that you can make ahead, use throughout the week, and can even be used to make kid friendly milkshakes! If you are struggling this time of year to make good choices, let this be one of them! No yucky corn syrup, artificial dyes, or other garbage you can’t pronounce in this one! And remember, if you can’t read it, your body likely won’t recognize it!
Let’s keep it clean y’all! Oh, and if you want to make this a mocha, combine this one with my Paleo Cafe Mocha recipe and drink your heart out!
- 1 cup full fat coconut milk
- 1-1.5 teaspoons peppermint extract
- 1 tablespoon 100% maple syrup or local honey (or more to taste)
- 2-3 drops vegetable based red food coloring
- Stir all ingredients together and chill until ready to use
- To make a Peppermint Mocha, combine this recipe with my Paleo Cafe Mocha creamer