The sun is shining and I am feeling inspired. Isn’t it funny how weather changes can really cast a spell on your food cravings? Luckily bacon has a four season foundation so there is no concern to be had there. But I digress.
Winter here has been long, and cold. And SNOWY!!! So the minute that sun peaked out I instantly started craving salads and color. Maybe the flowering trees are inspiring me. Who knows.
This salad is so simple my mutt could probably pull it off, though I dare not trust her with my kitchen knives. And I am pretty sure she would eat the ingredients off the countertop before assembling them (yes, I’ve witnessed this very thing before). Apparently all this sunshine is causing major attention deficit so let’s get to that recipe!
- 3/4 cup chopped purple cabbage
- 1 cucumber diced
- 1 vine ripened tomato, diced
- 1/4 teaspoon cracked black pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground garlic sea salt
- 1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
- 1/2 teaspoon dill
- 1/2 teaspoon dijon mustard
- 1-2 teaspoons local raw honey
- 1/4 teaspoon onion powder
- Combine veggies together in a bowl
- In a separate bowl, combine the remaining ingredients and mix well
- Drizzle dressing over the salad mixture and toss
- Perfect on its own or paired with protein!