growing up i loved the butterscotch chocolate haystacks my mom would make with lo mein noodles, chocolate, and butterscotch morsels. given that the traditional recipe is well, not quite the way we eat these days, i figured i better come up with one that was! these add in pumpkin seeds, nuts, and flax seeds for added benefits!
- 1 bag enjoy life chocolate chips
- 2/3 cup pecan pieces
- 1/3 cup unsweetened shredded coconut
- 1/3 cup roasted pumpkin seeds
- 2 tablespoons flax seeds
- 7 drops vanilla creme stevia
- melt chocolate chips in a saucepan over low/medium heat
- remove from heat and add in all remaining ingredients
- on a foil or parchment lined baking sheet, drop spoonfuls of the mixture
- refrigerate for 1 hour or until chocolate has firmed back up
Janice Goering says
These are really good and so easy to make! Loved the combination of textures and flavors!!
Glad you enjoyed them Janice!