Oh boy has it been one of those weeks! Getting ready to head out to the Jewish Book Council to present The New Yiddish Kitchen, working on some preliminary edits for my Instant Pot Book, having some tile work done in the basement which means I can’t actually get to the suitcases I need to be packing, and if you read my post from yesterday, I’ve got a sick kid to boot.
That’s life right?! It’s up and down and all around and at the end of the day, you know what still has to happen!? DINNER!
In the past, hectic chaos and stress meant that I reached for some less than ideal choices and made no apologies about it. I still reach for “better” convenience foods sometimes but for the most part I find it necessary to suck it up and put the good stuff on the table. Thanks golly the Instant Pot has been a major game changer in that regard. I’m not even being a used car salesman about it, the IP has literally changed how I see weeknight dinners.
At 5pm I didn’t know what my dinner plan was and by 530pm we were all eating tacos with my homemade Weeknight Paleo Tortillas stuffed with this Instant Pot Shredded Salsa Chicken. Oh and topped em with avocado and fresh cilantro of course. No brainer!
- 1 pound chicken breasts or chicken “tenders”
- 1 1/2 cups salsa (homemade or high quality storebought)
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- Optional: cumin or paprika to taste
- Optional: fresh jalapenos diced and seeded
- Place all ingredients in the Instant Pot and stir to incorporate seasonings into the salsa
- Secure the lid and close off the pressure valve
- Press the “Poultry” setting (this is 15 minutes high pressure) and let the IP work its magic
- Once complete quick release the pressure and remove the lid
- Shred with two forks and serve with my Weeknight Paleo Tortillas, fresh avocado slices and cilantro