after having several requests for a muffin, and realizing i really didn’t have a go-to muffin recipe, i developed this little treasure. they are very reminiscent of a whole wheat muffin, oh the irony! bake them plain or add chopped nuts, dried fruit, chocolate chips! the possibilities are endless.
- 1/4 cup flax seeds
- 1/4 cup raw cashew pieces
- 1/4 cup arrowroot flour
- 1/4 cup flax milk
- 3 eggs
- 1/4 cup honey
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/8 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/4 cup coconut oil melted
- preheat oven to 350
- grind flax seeds and cashew pieces into a flour (i use a nutribullet)
- add in all other ingredients and blend into a smooth batter
- pour into greased muffin tin (using liners or without)
- bake for 20 minutes or until cooked through and slightly browned on top
- serve with a little extra honey and vegan butter for a treat!!