brussel sprouts are kind of the forgotten veggie, i hate to admit. well, apparently i am going to have to do a better job at remembering, because the littles never even let me plate them before they started noshing off the baking sheet.
- 1 bag brussel sprouts (this was how trader joe’s sold them)
- 1 onion diced
- 1 tsp minced garlic
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons vegan butter melted or use my homemade paleo butter (for aip)
- favorite seasoning salt
- 2 tablespoons roasted pumpkin seeds (omit for aip)
- preheat oven to 400
- trim ends of brussel sprouts and slice in half
- combine brussel sprouts, diced onion, garlic, and olive oil in a bowl and toss until well coated
- spread out onto foiled lined baking sheet
- sprinkle with desired amount of seasoning and drizzle with melted butter
- bake for 20 minutes or until browning, the softer the middles become, the less bitter
- remove from oven once baked and toss with pumpkin seeds.
I do not use EVOO heated. I use butter for this. Actually my favorite is to cut them in half, sauté in butter. I don’t even add much seasoning, usually just some himalyan pink salt. I love this hot or cold.