I really shouldn’t even write an intro for this one – this is seriously barely a recipe. I mean it’s definitely worth posting because who doesn’t want an easier method for hard boiling eggs?! Right? But this is so crazy easy I should just stop. typing. now…
Oh but I have to mention that since using this method, my eggs peel so easily that I no longer dread the process. Now THAT is a major accomplishment. Plus one of my favorite lunches ever is scooping egg salad onto avocado oil potato chips and now I can whip it up in no time. Thank you Instant Pot <- straight up infomercial style.
Okay okay here it is y’all, Instant Pot Hard Boiled Eggs!
- Pasture raised eggs (see how easy it is already?)
- 1 cup water
- Plug in your Instant Pot
- Pour one cup water in the bottom of the stainless bowl
- Place in a stainless strainer/steamer basket (there is one that comes with the IP or you can use one like this)
- Place your desired number of eggs on top of the opened steamer basket
- Put the lid on
- Power on and press the MANUAL button
- With the “-” button adjust it to 8 minutes on the display
- Close and lock the lid and make sure the vent on top is closed
- Let the IP do it’s magic and then do the quick release valve
- Let cool slightly and vent completely before opening lid
- Transfer eggs to fridge or allow to cool slightly before eating right away