PECAN PIE MUFFINS have a certain comfort they provide by combining the best of both worlds…
These muffins have been on my mind for awhile now. They have a gluten filled sister recipe that is so good that even after being gluten free for 5 years, I still think about them! Well now this grain free dairy free refined sugar free equivalent puts that other muffin to shame.
There is just something about pecan pie that is so rich and decadent but not quite great for everyday eating. But when you convert that delicious flavor profile to a muffin, now we’re talking about perfect for all occasions!
So enjoy this lil treat, one that you can certainly bake up for breakfast, for entertaining, or for a slightly sweet treat with tea. I promise you if you are a pecan fan like I am you’ll love these to pieces!
PECAN PIE MUFFINS
- 4 organic free range eggs
- 1/3 cup avocado oil
- 1 tablespoon coconut flour
- 1.25 cups pecan halves/pieces
- 1/3 cup local raw honey or maple syrup
- 1/8 teaspoon sea salt
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- preheat oven to 350
- grind pecans into a finely milled flour using food processor or high quality blender
- combine all ingredients with milled pecans and mix well
- pour batter into lined muffin tins 3/4 of the way full
- bake for 20 minutes
- optional: drizzle local raw honey over additional pecan halves and toast in toaster oven for 5 minutes on low heat and garnish muffins with toasted pecans