Guilt Free, Grain free Waffles
You might want to be excited about this – grain free, dairy free waffles that do not leave you feeling like a slug right after breakfast (or lunch or dinner for that matter). These are crispy, flavorful, and packed with healthy fats and fiber, and also with essential nutrients like manganese and copper. If your breakfast routine is in a slump, this will pick you right back up! (cue sun rays beaming down on waffles).
If you are sensitive to nuts, I’ve got your back! Check out Legit Bread Company and order the pancake mix! Just prepare as directed and spoon the batter into your waffle iron for delicious nut free waffles!
- 1 cup pecans (ground finely in food processor or nutribullet)
- 1/4 cup arrowroot flour
- 2 tablespoons potato flour
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 2 tablespoons organic maple syrup
- 1/4 cup milk (coconut, almond, or flax)
- 4 tablespoons melted coconut oil
- 1 egg
- Preheat waffle iron
- Combine all ingredients in a bowl; texture should be able to be spooned into waffle maker, but not runny
- Cook until indicated by waffle iron – if not crispy enough, leave in a little longer. these will crisp very well if cooked long enough
- Top with vegan butter, organic maple syrup, or just munch them as they are!