Today I woke up dreaming about the most delectable bbq meatballs a dear friend made for me years ago… and couldn’t stop thinking about them! A grain and dairy free re-creation was in order and it HAPPENED!! I decided to kick it up a notch and serve them on a bed of sweet potato shoestring fries and friends, let me tell you, this was not a mistake!
- 2 pounds grass fed ground beef
- 1 diced onion
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- 2 teaspoons chili pepper
- 1 teaspoon garlic
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/2 cup almond flour
- 1/2 cup tapioca flour
- 1/2 cup flax (or other vegan) milk
- 2 eggs
- 2 cups organic ketchup
- 1 cup coconut sugar
- 2 teaspoons liquid smoke
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 2 large sweet potatoes
- Good quality oil for frying
- Preheat oven to 350
- Start by combining well first 10 ingredients and forming 1-2 inch meatballs. place evenly spaced in casserole dish
- Mix sauce ingredients well and spoon over meatballs (you may have leftover sauce depending on how much you like)
- Bake for an hour
- 40 minutes into baking, spiralize your sweet potatoes after peeling them
- Heat oil over medium-high heat in large skillet
- Once hot, put sweet potato shoestrings in skillet in small batches and toss regularly until they start turning golden
- Remove cooked shoestrings from oil and place on towel lined plate to absorb excess oil
- Once finished, serve meatballs atop fried shoestrings – i served both on a bed of spinach
Fairytales and Fitness says
All this looks so yummy! Thanks for sharing!
predominantly paleo says
thanks f&f! i hope you enjoy them!
michele b. says
These look great! But how much “milk”? It says 1/2, not sure if you mean 1/2 cup or 1/2 tablespoon or 1/2 teaspoon!?!
Fixed! Thanks for the head’s up!
This is one of my favorite meals of yours!!!!! It’s the best BBQ sauce I’ve had!
Wow no way!!! Thanks so much Melissa!!!!
BBQ Meatballs are deelish!!! Will be making this again!!!