Grain Free Loaded Holiday Cookie Cake is every bit as wonderful as it sounds! Bake one up for fun!
Girls and Boys, you’ll want to put on your grown up pants for this one because it’s a real party. Maybe also choose a pair with loose fitting elastic, just in case you go overboard a lil bit. So real talk is that I am trying to pare down my eating sprees this holiday season because let’s face it, come January 1, it can be real sad state of affairs in the department of buttons and zippers. That said, if I AM gonna treat myself, I want to at least be using some better quality ingredients so my body doesn’t send a 911 alert to my immune system, causing even more wonky inflammation and waistline revolt.
So in making that commitment to myself, when I do stick to “better” treat choices over the holidays, I do typically feel exponentially better than when I grab a crappy overprocessed gluten free treat that I know is gonna punish me in the worst ways. Or even more sabotaging than that is candy. It might be gf but lordy mercy that is not gonna get digested without a fight. And the aftermath can look a little grim too.
I’m not saying that you should eat this entire cookie cake alone (I also won’t tell you not to), but what I am saying is at least you are hand selecting some ingredients that you can feel a wee bit better about and your body will too!Print
GRAIN FREE LOADED HOLIDAY COOKIE CAKE
- Prep Time: 5 minutes
- Cook Time: 15 minutes
- Total Time: 20 minutes
- Yield: 8 1x
- 1/2 cup ghee
- 1/2 cup maple syrup
- 1 tablespoon grass fed gelatin
- 1/2 cup coconut sugar
- 3/4 cup cassava flour
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/2 cup dairy free chocolate chips
- 1/2 cup dairy free white chocolate chips
- 1/4 cup softened coconut butter
- Optional: Candy canes, crushed, sprinkles, etc
- Preheat your oven to 350.
- Combine all of the ingredients except for the coconut butter and toppings in a bowl.
- The mixture will be soft and gooey, not like dough. Pour it into a cast iron or steel pan. I used THIS one.
- Smooth the batter with a spatula until even and bake the cookie cake for around 15 minutes or once it is golden brown and baked through.
- Remove the cookie from the oven and allow to cool completely. Then spoon your softened coconut butter into a zip top bag and cut a little bit off the tip. Pipe the coconut butter onto the cookie in whatever design you like. Keep it classy people, there’s kids around.
- Crush dye free candy canes like THESE, and sprinkle on vegetable dyed sprinkles like THESE and THESE. You can use sanding sugar sprinkles like THESE too! And of course don’t forget to sprinkle on a few more dairy free chocolate chips. I found these WHITE CHOCOLATE CHIPS also and we were excited they were dairy free as well!