The search is over for the easiest, most comforting recipe ever! My Perfect Dairy Free Instant Pot Rice Pudding is done in 10 minutes and feels like home!
The weather has officially turned and while the sun still peeks out and warms the air enough to take off your sweater by late afternoon, you can tell that it will indeed be awhile until our next beach vacation. As soon as those Uggs come out you know I am hitting soup hard and seeking out all those comforting warm foods.
Now before you ask, because I know it’s coming – “Can I make this with cauli-rice?”- let’s have a talk about that. Sometimes you can sub riced cauliflower and it’s fine. It works in a sub-par, moderately acceptable way. But sometimes, not only is it the worst idea ever to sub cauli-rice, it actually causes devastating consequences that are irrecoverable. Trust me. I tried this recipe on the stovetop with the stuff for my low carb homies. And let me tell you what… I am still trying to get that taste out of my mouth. I legit spit it out into the sink and washed down the residual torture with rat poison just to shake it. #DontTryThisAtHome
So please dear friends, just don’t. And please don’t ask me if you can make that dreadful sub. Because if you do, you will either be met with complete silence as I choke on the very memory of how it tasted, or I will send you back to this here recipe as reference so that you can read through my very specific response to whether or not it’s a good idea. PLEASE DON’T DO IT OR RISK LIFE AND LIMB is basically how I will sum that up for you.
Bottom line, if you can eat rice, you are going to freakin’ love this recipe. And if you cannot, just keep scrolling past to the 300+ recipes on this blog that do not have any inkling of this innocuous grain. And if you still want to try subbing a vegetable trying to pretend it’s rice, then that is on you and we need to rethink our relationship, because this is not the time. Cauliflower does not want to be rice pudding. It just doesn’t. Sound good!? Okay! Let’s go!!!Print
Perfect Dairy Free Instant Pot Rice Pudding
- 1 cup uncooked Basmati or Jasmine rice
- 1.5 cups water
- 1 can coconut milk (approximately 14 ounces)
- 1/4 cup maple syrup
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- Pinch salt
- Extra nutmeg, ground cinnamon, and maple sugar for garnishing
- Combine all ingredients (except the garnish) in the stainless steel bowl of your Instant Pot
- Give them a quick stir, secure the lid, and close the pressure valve
- Press the Manual/Pressure Cook button and adjust the cook time to 10 minutes (high pressure)
- Allow the cooking cycle to complete, quick release the pressure valve and remove the lid once safe to do so and serve with more ground cinnamon, nutmeg and a pinch of maple sugar