Paleo Almond Delights (like Almond Joy)
- 1 cup shredded, unsweetened coconut
- 1 tablespoon coconut flour
- 3 tablespoons local raw honey
- ¼ cup coconut oil, melted
- Whole almonds (approximately 12)
- ¾ cup melted dark /semi sweet chocolate (how to melt here)
- Combine first 4 ingredients in a bowl making sure to incorporate thoroughly
- Using slightly greased hands (this mixture is sticky), make small rectangular shapes, or round balls if that’s easier
- Place formed coconut shapes onto foil or parchment paper
- Press one almond into the top of each
- Now take your melted dark chocolate and spoon over the tops, making sure to saturate all sides
- Gently move wet candies (I use a spatula) onto a parchment lined baking sheet and place into freezer for 10-15 minutes or until chocolate hardens again
Shirley @ gfe & All Gluten-Free Desserts says
Oooh, these are calling my name, Jennifer! I’ve always wanted a healthy cross between an Almond Joy and a Mounds. With dark chocolate, your recipe could give me that! 🙂 Thanks for sharing on Gluten-Free Wednesdays!
Oh great Shirley! These were originally a guest post for Barefoot Provisions and they ended up a hit! I hope you’ll agree!
Oh MY! Just made these and they are wonderful! One is just right to kill that sweet tooth. Thank you so much for this recipe.
That’s great Vickie! We love them too and can actually feel good about the ingredients!
oh sweet yumminess!!!!! And I have all the ingredients! Gotta go!
Hi! These were so good! Everyone loved them. I had some difficulty getting the coonut mixture to stick together. Should I add more honey next time? Something else?
You certainly could add a bit more honey, I just always try to use the least amount necessary. So glad they were a hit though!!