It’s gorgeous here today so I feel like grilling out is almost required. I went out this morning to buy a few new props for The New Yiddish Kitchen photos and I ACCIDENTALLY used my World Market friends and family to get new cushions for my outdoor furniture. So basically now I HAVE to grill out so we can sit on our unblemished cushions. Cuz you know by next week they will have bird poop or something gross on them.
So as I was planning my grill sesh, I was trying to think of how I might like to jazz up the chicken I bought this week that was sitting in the fridge. While my husband could literally survive on grilled chicken breasts and steamed broccoli for life, I like things a little more interesting.
I decided that something needed to happen between honey and maple and sriracha. And because we’ve got the 3 littles, I needed to make the kick a little less Bruce Lee. I think I nailed it with this combo and I hope you’ll love it too!!! And don’t forget to take advantage of those pretty days outside, even with all the pollen!! Dose up on quercetin and get to grillin’ y’all!!!
- 1.5 pounds organic pasture raised chicken breasts
- 1/4 cup sriracha, organic when possible
- 1/4 cup local raw honey
- 1 tablespoon 100% maple syrup
- 2 tablespoons coconut aminos
- 1/4 cup mayonnaise, homemade or high quality store-bought
- Cilantro for garnishing – trust me you want this part
- Combine all ingredients except for the chicken and stir to mix well
- You can use either a large zip top bag or a small glass casserole dish to marinate the chicken
- Just add the chicken to the sauce mixture and make sure it is coated well
- Refrigerate for 3 hours or longer, covered, to allow the flavors to marry
- Remove from the fridge and grill over medium/high heat for up to 5 minutes on each side or until the juices run clear and the chicken is cooked through
- Serve with my Beloved Brussels Sprouts or your favorite side dish and top with fresh cilantro and coarse sea salt