Not even one iota of you will be missing regular buns with these Grain Free Cheeseburger Sliders. They are every bit as scrumptious as you imagine and without gluten or grain!
I’ve officially survived my myomectomy (that’s a long word for fibroid surgery) and I am SO RELIEVED to be done. I had so much anticipatory anxiety leading up to the surgery, I really questioned my ability to follow through with it. Fortunately, everything went well and I am recovering as best I could have hoped.
My family is en route to Florida to spend the holidays together and so I am really grateful I won’t be in bed the whole time. I was worried about the timing of this surgery, but also knew I needed to get it done. If you haven’t been following along my not-so-fun journey, you can see it under my Instagram highlight HERE.
Since we celebrate Hanukkah and Christmas with my parents, I wanted to have a menu that checked all the holiday boxes. So we’ll do traditional latkes and sufganiyot one night, and all the traditional Christmas fare on the 25th. I love when the two holidays overlap – it might add to the chaos, but it also keeps things nice and consolidated. I had the idea to make these sliders tonight and tomorrow I’m making homemade pizza with my Pizza Crust and Pretzel Mix from Legit Bread Company. This recipe uses the Everything Dough Mix from Zenbelly and OMG is it perfect.
It takes a little time to pull together each step, but once you get going, it’s pretty seamless. I was able to spend only about 30 minutes of active time and the rest was just waiting for the goods to be done. You can start the buns first or the meat, it really won’t matter which gets set aside. I cooked the meat first and then let the cheese get melting while I baked the buns. Let me know what you think, this might be a new favorite!Print
Grain Free Cheeseburger Sliders
- 2 pounds ground beef
- 1/4 cup pickle relish
- 2 tablespoons worcestershire sauce
- 1/4 cup ketchup
- 1/4 teaspoon salt, pepper, and garlic powder each
- 2 packets Everything Dough Mix
- 6 eggs
- 2 teaspoons apple cider vinegar
- 2 packets yeast
- 12 tablespoons butter or avocado oil
- 1.5 cups water
- 2 tablespoons honey
- cheese slices
- Preheat the oven to 350F
- To prepare the burger patties, combine the first 4 ingredients and spices by hand until mixed well
- Roll the meat between two pieces of parchment paper until thin, transfer to a baking sheet and bake for 20 minutes
- While the meat bakes, prepare your slider buns by following the directions on the Everything Dough mix packaging
- Remove the burger meat from the oven and set aside
- Roll the dough into 3″ balls and place them in a pie tin or other pan with edges to keep them from spreading too far apart
- Bake for about 25 minutes
- While they bake, use a pizza cutter to slice your burger meat and place the cheese slices on top to start the melting process
- Once the buns are ready, remove them from the oven and let them sit briefly, before slicing them open and placing a cheese topped patty on each one
- I added caramelized onions to mine and left the kids with meat and cheese only but top them to your liking!
Leave a Reply