My children have carried the same lunch boxes and backpacks for years. Literally years. My eldest two are 7 and 8 years old and beg me every fall for a new backpack and lunchbox set. Honestly I can’t stand being wasteful and so for years I’ve told them no.
Imagine their delight when our brand new Planetbox lunch boxes arrived! Let’s just say I quickly became the “best mom ever” and have held that reigning title for well over a week now. I’d say that’s a pretty big feat over a lunch box.
So here’s the lowdown and what makes Planetbox so dang awesome.
- They are eco-friendly – of course this is always a bonus (and a focus) not only because of the decreased spending and environmental hardships from using plastic and paper lunch bags but also because of the lessons they help us teach our kiddos
- They are designed to hold the perfect amount of food – the kids have had such a great time deciding which healthy options can go in their new lunch box cubbies which I think helps them always achieve a balanced lunch
- They are fun! My kids were so engaged decorating their new Planetbox lunch boxes with the fun personalized magnets that came with them. I never imagined it would actually be an “activity” but it was
- They are sturdy! The existing vinyl sided lunch boxes we have are falling apart at the seams…literally. Yes, I have refused to invest in new ones but quite honestly the existing ones are junk. The Planetbox lunch boxes could be used as armor with their quality stainless steel containers enclosed in the nicely woven exteriors
- Encourages mindfulness – as a paleo blogger I want my kids to make good choices so that later on they will continue their healthful trend. I like that as the Planetbox lunch box lies open, my kids can see exactly what will be in their tummies – and do a “rainbow” check to be sure there are lots of colorful choices being made
Here are a few photos of the new lunch boxes and their proud owners!
Disclosure: My site may contain affiliate links, which means that if you buy the products featured, I receive a small percentage of the sale price. This helps keep Predominantly Paleo alive and running! Thanks for supporting!