It’s something you hear a lot in the holistic and integrative community – the importance of our hormones being in balance, our adrenal health, the HPA axis. To make things even more complicated, it’s often hard to tell which hormones are out of whack. For instance, women with regular monthly cycles can still have imbalanced sex hormones. And someone suffering from adrenal fatigue who has symptoms of low cortisol can sometimes actually have high cortisol, making it even trickier to figure out. We are often tempted to self-experiment with adaptogens and supplements which at times can work. But other times we can complicate matters even more. There are infinitely many factors stressing our systems daily and even with a good diet of whole foods, there are still external influencers triggering shifts in hormonal balance. They include:
- Emotional Stress
- Endocrine Disruptors (such as artificially fragranced cosmetics, candles, and room sprays)
- Insufficient Sleep
- Chronic Illness (think autoimmune disease)
- Medications (including synthetic hormones)
Life today is fast-paced, high-pressure, and often void of proper downtime. Because of this we are often burning the candle from both ends and struggling to keep up with our own demands. Symptoms like fatigue and exhaustion, the feeling of being chronically stressed, infertility, hormonally charged autoimmune diseases, even hormonally driven cancers are now so common that “everyone knows someone” with one or more of these issues. Here’s the deal. I’m guilty. I’m super guilty in fact – of working too hard, not “playing” enough, and losing myself in my drive. It’s a double edged sword because I get really excited about something, push hard, then crash. In fact, I regretfully admit that I am in that slump as I type. I’ve been hustling to launch a new business (more on that later) and I’ve been working 14 hour days. My nutrition has slipped, my stress (although exciting) is elevated, and my sleep has been less regular. I’m feeling it. I’m foggy and sleepy and while not in a full blown autoimmune flare, I can feel that bone tired feeling that comes from lack of self-care. So what’s my plan of action? Well, first of all, my goal is to “TEST NOT GUESS”. My friends Megan (of Ginger Newtrition) and Alex (of DigPrimal) must have heard my muffled cries for help when they reached out to me. It turns out they have a HEALTHY HORMONES GROUP happening right now and I instantly knew that this was something I needed to do to get back on track. Here’s what Megan and Alex have to offer you:
- ACCESS TO FUNCTIONAL LAB WORK
FACEBOOK GROUP FOR COMMUNITY AND COACH SUPPORT
VIDEOS, HANDOUTS & EMAILS TO KEEP YOU ON TRACK
Q&A SESSIONS FOR VIP QUESTIONS
BONUSES: RESOURCE GUIDE, FATIGUE FIX GUIDE & DETOX SKIN CARE GUIDE
I’m in the process of waiting on my labwork to be completed so I can get my personalized protocol from Megan and Alex. I’m making sure that my foods are on track and so that means no wiggle room for awhile. Aside from some of the obvious (and not so obvious) things I can be doing right now, I want to see what’s actually happening inside (I am an admitted lab junky and LOVE to see my levels on paper). What about you? Are you in a place where something just doesn’t feel quite right? Are you looking to get more answers, ones that actually help? Do you want hands on attention, personalized care, and LOTS of interaction so you can actually dissect what’s happening internally? This HEALTHY HORMONES GROUP might be the answer! So how does it all work exactly? Step 1: Visit THIS site Step 2: Check out how it works, read over the FAQ’s and see how you could benefit Step 3: Sign up, get started on your lab work right away, and receive these benefits: * 12 weeks, with 6 mini video-trainings 6 email trainings (alternating weeks) * Individualized lab work with a customized supplement protocol created based on your results and symptomatic information you provide through intake questionnaires * 2 Q&A calls (and several extra Q&A recordings of general questions we would like to address) * FB support group with bonus content * Multiple bonuses with include a resource guide of all our favorite lifestyle tools, supplements, food sources, etc, a Detox Skin Care Guide for those struggling with skin issues, and the Fatigue Fix Guide for those struggling with fatigue (super common in women who join!) * The opportunity to continue working with us on gut health in our HealthyU Membership Community after this group is completed. At this point, only graduates of the Healthy Hormones Group Program are eligible to work with us in a one-on-one setting. Once you’re signed up you’ll benefit from all the above mentioned components of the HEALTHY HORMONES GROUP, and Megan and Alex will work to get you back on track with their PERSONALIZED care. And if you aren’t ready to join the group but want to learn about hormonal and adrenal health and implement some balancing strategies, check out the Free Adrenal Training here –http://healthyhormonesgroup.
Adrenal Fatigue Friendly Gummies
- ½ tablespoon raspberry leaf tea
- ½ tablespoon lavender tea
- 1 cup water, boiled
- ½ cup pomegranate juice, room temperature
- 1 tablespoon gelatin
- 1 tablespoon raw honey
- fresh squeezed juice from 1 small lime
- First, you’re going to be making a tea blend out of your raspberry leaf tea and lavender tea. Start by placing the loose leaf teas into a tea strainer (or cheesecloth, if that’s what you have) and then steeping it in your cup of a hot water for about 5 minutes. (If you just have tea bags, I recommend steeping 2 of each kind of tea in your cup of hot water)
- While your raspberry leaf and lavender tea brews, place the tablespoon of gelatin into a small pyrex mixing bowl.
- Add the ½ cup of pomegranate juice to your gelatin and stir well until everything is combined.
- Once your teas have brewed, add the hot tea into your pomegranate juice and gelatin mixture. Stir well again.
- Let everything cool for about 5 minutes. (This is so that the boiling hot water doesn’t degrade the vitamin C in the lime and the enzymes from the raw honey)
- Add in the raw honey and lime juice and whisk everything together well one last time.
- Pour your almost-done gummies into a 9-by-9 baking pan and refrigerate overnight (or until the gummies have set).
- Cut into squares (bonus points for cutting them into cute shapes!) and enjoy.
Note: this recipe isn’t overly sweet so the kiddos in your house may not be very interested. If they are, it’s best for them to stick to a portion every now and again but I wouldn’t let them go overboard.