Cool breezes, cardigans, and Paleo Fall Spiced Banana Muffins are all you need to fall into Fall! These are so simple to whip up with a bag of Legit Mix!
Nevermind the fact that it is still 90 degrees here in Florida, I am loving all the Fall things and the fact that I don’t have to rake leaves! And to be honest, I will in no way be missing snow this year. Maybe in the years to come but I am so excited to skip the single digit mornings at the bus stop this year.
Anywhoooo, I posted a photo of Legit Bread made into banana bread this week and instantly got messages asking for a recipe. How is it that almost 3 years into this Legit Bread journey, I have not posted a Banana Bread recipe?! Wow Jen, you are losing touch with reality. <That’s me talking to myself, in the event your name is Jen too>
So I promised one reader I would get at it this week and finally post my own recipe and as luck would have it, I had 2 ripened bananas with just enough brown spots to make my kids turn their noses up at eating them fresh.
I grabbed some Legit Blonde mix and just minutes later I had the best smells coming from my oven and conveniently an after school snack for the heathens when they get home. I’m sure at least one of them will complain about the fact that I chose not to put chocolate chips in them, but I suspect they’ll survive.
And to answer your questions before you ask: yes you can add chocolate chips, probably about a cup. Yes you can omit nuts if you are sensitive or hate pecans. Yes you can change up the spices to your liking. Yes I have a recipe for banana bread that does not include Legit mix. You can find it HERE. Yes, you can do hard things. I believe in you.
Paleo Fall Spiced Banana Muffins
- 1 bag Legit Blonde Mix
- 6 eggs
- 1 tablespoon apple cider vinegar
- 1/2 cup maple syrup
- 2 ripened bananas
- 2 teaspoons 100% vanilla extract
- 3 tablespoons avocado, coconut, or olive oil
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon, or more to taste
- Pinch nutmeg
- Pecans to taste ( I used about 3/4 cup)
- Preheat oven to 350F
- Mix all wet ingredients together in a bowl with an immersion blender and then add in bananas
- Now gradually add in the Legit Blonde Mix and continue to blend until smooth
- Pour batter into greased muffin tin. This made 9 larger muffins, or you can fill the molds less and get 12
- Bake for 25 minutes and then remove from oven