Oy, that was rough! I am not sure if I have ever had a sinus infection before, as I don’t remember having one, but this was pretty gross. And painful. And grosssssssss.
It started New Year’s Eve day when I was feeling pretty lethargic and like I had a cold brewing. Sure enough it was 100% New Year’s Day when my head filled up with goo like my middle child and husband had weeks leading up to mine. We had been pretty fortunate this winter so far (knock on wood), but it’s rare in a family of 5 to escape any winter ailments.
So I invested in tissues and went on my way, pretty annoyed but not suffering to the nth degree. Until it hit. The mornings started becoming pretty unbearable when I would wake with head pressure that was pretty intense and sort of made me want to poke holes in my brain. Then I saw what was coming out of me that would make the exorcist jealous. So I know it was go time.
Until then I had not needed to use my netipot style bottle because honestly things were “moving” along quite well. But now it was clear if I did not get proactive I was going to end up on antibiotics, which if you know my history is THE LAST OPTION ever for me. I have been rebuilding my gut health for the past 2 years and I am not interested in destroying them all over again unless absolutely essential.
So I did some research, paid a visit to my local Health Food/Vitamin Store and got busy. Here is my line up of what worked WITHIN 24 HOURS to 1. Relieve symptoms like pressure + headache 2. decrease amount of nasal discharge 3. Change the color + consistency of nasal discharge 4. Improve overall feeling of wellness.
1. Sinus Rinse** – I was not using this from the beginning because things were “moving” quite well but after it started getting ugly I did a flush. I only used it once because I was always able to empty my sinuses okay but I figured a flush was called for. I have a love/hate relationship with this thing because it takes me back to getting water up my nose while swimming as a kid. But it does really help, especially if you are not able to remove congestion efficiently! If you prefer ceramic, you can get a simple Neti Pot like this one.
2. Nutribiotic Nasal Spray*** – I think this was INTEGRAL in my turn around. It burns just a little bit when you spray it because of the GSE I think but I must say after I “sprayed and sniffed” I tilted my head backwards slightly and let it really saturate back into my sinuses. I am pretty sure this was vital in my upwards shift!
3. Sinusalia** – Homeopathics are one of those touchy subjects that can get people pretty polarized. I do not consider myself a martyr either way but I can testify that I bought, I tried, I believe. I took these per the recommendations on the box and my head pressure was definitely relieved in combination with the other ** products.
4. Juicing – I typically don’t juice daily but I cranked it up to pump as many nutrients in over a short period of time. I included things like beets and pineapple (for inflammation) and LOTS of citrus (lemons and limes) to help push the toxins out.
5. Colloidal Silver Spray – I didn’t end up using this but I did buy it and plan to keep it on hand for whomever gets the crud next.
If you have any questions, please message me, I tried to keep this post with as few graphic details as possible. But I am happy to share my experiences as always! Also, know that I was already taking Vitamin A, B complex with folate, Vitamin C, and Lauricidin prior to this and during. I also take gelatin daily and drink bone broth when able. And of course stick to what I consider a healthy dietary lifestyle.
KEEP IN MIND: This was only what worked for me – I am not a Doctor or healthcare provider and cannot provide medical advice to anyone. All products I used are over the counter, “natural” remedies and should be used at your discretion.