Another one pot meal that wins every time. My Gluten Free Spaghetti Casserole is absolutely devoured! Top with plant based parm to keep it dairy free!
Call me ornery but I’m posting another recipe that has gluten free grains. And here’s why: this is how my family eats. We eat PREDOMINANTLY paleo, meaning, you will not find an abundance of grain, dairy, or refined sugar in our home. But my kids eat some rice and even organic corn because 1) they can and 2) it’s an easy way to bring dinner together and 3) they love it.
I have never been militant about food choices. I feel like that just leads to disordered eating, and, as a former ballet dancer of 20 years, is not a good idea for me. I have lived with body dysmorphia and some version of an eating disorder for a good part of my life; and now my body, even with autoimmune disease, is best served by CHILLIN’ THE EFF OUT.
I do not do well with lots of dairy, sugar, or grain, that is the truth. But cutting off my nose to spite my face is also a terrible idea. And I see it more in more in the community – people who refuse to eat xyz because “it’s not paleo” or “it’s not keto.” Even in the AIP community where the restrictions are meant to be TEMPORARY and part of a healing journey, sometimes become permanent. But I’m not here to criticize, I’m here to share with you how *I* eat, how I feed my family, and if and when those recipes do not work for you, there are always many more to scroll through and an endless sea of others’ work to follow.
But when I started PREDOMINANTLY paleo, it was never my intent to leave out entire groups of foods forever and always; that is how the name came to be. And while I have focused on the stricter forms of paleo recipes, I also think it is helpful to be authentic in other things we eat. This Gluten Free Spaghetti Casserole is a perfect example of how a little rice or a minimal amount of hard cheese might make it into our weekly meals. So to my friends who are able to enjoy non-paleo foods without illness, please partake. And for those of you who need to remain more strict, please enjoy the other 400 recipes I’ve posted here for you. Dig in!
PS all my books, found HERE do not contain grain, dairy, or refined sugar. Holla.
Gluten Free Spaghetti Casserole
- 1.5 pounds ground beef
- 1 24 ounce jar marinara
- 1 12 oz package gluten free spaghetti (I have not tried sweet potato noodles in this dish but THESE are fabulous paleo noodles I have used before for other pasta dishes)
- 24 ounces water
- 1 heaping teaspoon garlic sea salt
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- Parmesan or plant based parmesan to garnish
- Preheat your oven to 350F
- Press the raw ground beef into a casserole dish around 9×11. You are pressing it into the bottom as you would a pie crust
- Sprinkle the seasoning on top of the meat
- Now break the uncooked spaghetti noodles and distribute them on top of the raw meat
- Pour the marinara sauce then refill the jar and pour the water
- Smooth the sauce, covering the noodles and place into the oven
- Bake for 40 minutes then top with parmesan if desired