If you want to breeze right past apple and pumpkin this holiday season, these White Chocolate Peppermint Crunch Cookies are right up your alley!
I was recently on a call with FOOD SOCIAL  and the opening poll was simple: pumpkin or apple. Simple question right? But what if you aren’t enthusiastic about either?
My response in my most non-adversarial tone was… CHOCOLATE! As much as I look forward to holiday recipes each year, both indulging and creating them, the truth is the traditional pie story is not my favorite. That said, I am working on a new peanut butter pie with chocolate cookie crust so stay tuned for that one.
Outside of recipes, many of you know I have been all-consumed with our new foster pup. Or should I say FOSTER FAIL! Sami Glacier Davis Jr is now a Robins! If you missed just how cute he is, you can see him HERE . He is a doll and he is a handful too! Honey is not quite as in love as the rest of us so we are slowly working to warm up. I’d say she tolerates him at best but they have shared the sofa and a bed a handful of times so that’s promising.
Next week we start training so that will be interesting. Have you fostered or adopted a dog before when you already have existing pets? How did it go? Fingers crossed Sami can learn to temper his spunky playfulness with the more mature Honey and Lulu. Only time will tell!
White Chocolate Peppermint Crunch Cookies
- 1 bag Allergen Friendly Cookie Mix 
- 1/4 cup maple syrup or liquid allulose
- 1/2 cup butter, sustainable palm shortening, or ghee
- 1/2 cup White Chocolate Chips like THESE  or THESE 
- 1/2 cup crushed candy canes 
- Prepare as indicated on bag
- Add 1/2 cup white chocolate chips (I like Guittard  and Lily’s best)
- Now add crushed candy canes  (can be dye free if needed) on top
- Bake for 10-12 min at 350F.
Find it online: https://predominantlypaleo.com/white-chocolate-peppermint-crunch-cookies/