You want the full meal deal in one slice? This Gluten Free Loaded Cheeseburger Casserole has it all and the sweet potato fries to boot!
Y’all know after I made that Tater Tot Casserole , the ideas just started swirling. What else could I layer up with uncooked meat and lots of dairy to piss people off? I mean the options were endless, but this cheeseburger idea came to mind almost instantly. Naturally it took me like 3 more months to get my ish together and actually make it but, here we are!
The other question was how do I get the dang bacon to crisp up without pre-cooking since we know I obviously have a thing against that. I mean remember this Tex Mex Casserole  with the raw beef? Per usual people were half enthused and half dubious and critical, but that’s my jam – get people talking.
I figured out I’d have to put the bacon on top to make this work and also trust my Broil feature to not burn the house down whilst crisping up the bacon. It was a close call but we did it and the bacon was darn near perfect minus a few burnt edges. Can’t win em all. Weekday meals are just like this. If I’m not having to wash out the Instant Pot stainless bowl on a daily basis, I’m grabbing a casserole dish to stack it all up and toss it in the oven. I’m also in the middle of some SERIOUS recipe development right now (more on that soon) so I am really just trying to check the dinner box without a lot of stress or babysitting or futzing over the details. This is the way my friends. Casseroles are the path of least resistance so come with me and let’s journey to bedtime.Print 
Gluten Free Loaded Cheeseburger Casserole
- 12 almond flour or cassava flour tortillas (fewer if you use larger ones)
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1 tablespoon pickle relish
- 1/4 cup mayo
- 1/4 cup ketchup
- 1 tablespoon yellow mustard
- 6 slices cheddar or omit before you freak out
- Gluten Free frozen sweet potato fries (whatever brand suits your personal needs)
- 8 ounces uncooked bacon
- Lay down one layer of tortillas
- Press raw (lower fat) ground beef on top of them
- Mix condiments and spread the mixture on top of the beef
- Add another layer of tortillas then top those with cheese slices (or don’t)
- Add a single layer of frozen sweet potato fries
- Lay bacon slices on top of the sweet potatoes
- Bake on top rack at 350 for 38 minutes then broil for another 5 minutes WATCHING CAREFULLY to cook the bacon