Can you even believe a Grain Free Tex Mex Casserole could be THIS scrumptious and flavorful? Yes, even without corn tortillas. Amazing!
The Quick N Dirty series continues! This is recipe 5 so far and y’all are eating them up (see what I did there?). This one was FANTASTIC! I seriously cannot believe how much flavor was packed into one little casserole dish. And it was so filling that we were able to eat on it for 2 consecutive days.
I suspect this one would freeze well, though honestly we never gave it a chance since we were too busy enjoying it. You can easily sub the dairy in this one with so many great dairy free cream cheese options on the market now. But I wouldn’t omit it as the creaminess definitely amplifies the flavor, helps solidify the casserole appeal, and also balances out the robust flavor of the seasonings.
I’d love to hear from you too! Let me know what kind of Quick N Dirty meals you are looking for. I hope to continue to create easy, budget friendly, and time-saving recipes as this crazy year continues. And I also feel comforted knowing that I’m not the only person exhausted and burned out. This experiment has actually really helped me get inspired again to cook (especially since these are so easy), and I’m glad you’re enjoying them too!
So shoot me a message and let me know what other quickies you’d like. Breakfast? Soups? Casseroles? Skillet meals? Tell me what you want, what you really really want. And until then, get into this recipe, y’all will die for it.Print
Grain Free Tex Mex Casserole
- 16 ounces pico de gallo (I got mine already made)
- 8 ounces cream cheese (regular or dairy free)
- 1 pound raw ground beef use code Jen10 for a discount!
- 6 Siete Foods grain free tortillas (I like the almond or the cassava ones)
- 3/4 packet Primal Palate Taco Seasoning (probably about 2.5 tablespoons?)
- 8 ounces shredded cheese (dairy free or otherwise for the eleventy kadrillionth time)
- Preheat your oven to 350F
- Lay down 3 tortillas overlapping in a casserole dish. Or do 4, I don’t care.
- Combine the cream cheese and pico and stir well
- Spoon 1/2 cup of this mixture on top of the tortillas and smooth out
- Pinch apart half the ground beef and place the bite sized pieces on top of the pico mixture
- Sprinkle half the taco seasoning, or more, I’m not the seasoning police
- Top with half the shredded cheese or don’t. I’m tired
- Repeat all steps if I haven’t offended you enough by using dairy and then bake for 45 minutes
- Serve with a smile or a scowl, depending on how bad your attitude is that day