If you are bored out of your mind with your same old meal plan, add these Gluten Free Creamy Sausage Enchiladas to the mix!
Welp, it’s been awhile since I contributed anything culinary to the blog. Between pandemics and our moral compass being checked, it’s been eye opening and gut-checking. The good news is, home school is DONE! Well, unless we decide to continue virtual school in the Fall, but that’s another conversation.
In the meantime, I’ve been working on devoting time to unraveling system racism (yes it’s a thing and black lives definitely matter), loving the LGBTQ friends and family in my life (it’s PRIDE month y’all), and otherwise just trying not to be a shitty human being – we’ve got enough of those in this world. And boy, I gotta tell you, we have our work cut out for us.
I’ve done my share of rage baking over the past few months (see HERE  and HERE ) and I’m happy to announce that I was completely calm when making these enchiladas. I based these off of a prior recipe you all seem to love, my Creamy Zesty Sausage Dip. Well wouldn’t you know, that sausage dip makes a damn fine filling in enchiladas. Get you some Siete Foods  tortillas if you don’t want to make your own and call it a meal.
Oh and before you announce your departure because I love people who look and love differently than I do, no need; I wish you well.
Gluten Free Creamy Sausage Enchiladas
- Preheat your oven to 400F
- Prepare the Creamy Zesty Sausage Dip and set aside
- Warm your tortillas so they do not crack when rolling (I microwave mine for 30 seconds because I still have a microwave and use it)
- Spread a few tablespoons of enchilada sauce into a baking dish
- Divide the dip into 8 equal parts and spoon into the tortillas, rolling each one up and placing seam side down in the baking dish
- Pour remaining enchilada sauce on top and sprinkle with cheese
- Bake for 10-15 minutes or until cheese reaches desired meltiness