When two recipes combine and make the perfect mix of flavors, you photograph your Gluten Free Beef Marsala Stroganoff mid-meal!
I hadn’t actually planned on blogging this recipe since I already have Beef Marsala Meatballs  and Beef Stroganoff  on the blog. But as the aroma filled the house, I realized that the flavor explosion from this quick skillet meal was a must share.
It combines your favorite parts of marsala and stroganoff and combines them seamlessly together. Creamy, savory, and loads of flavor. Plus easy on the wallet! By doubling the mushrooms from one package to two, we were able to feed 6 of us with only one pound of ground beef. Plus we paired it with gluten free pasta and it was another easy dinner done right.
In other news, my kids, yes all 3, went back to real human school today. It was a big, difficult decision we did not take lightly. And despite my worries and concerns, we weighed the pros and cons and off they went. They all had an amazing job seeing friends and being led by actual teachers. I for one, am no educator and I certainly do not pretend to be. Mom school was HARD and despite my affection for math, tutoring honors Algebra turned out to be a no for me.
The kids were all smiles this morning before they left, despite waking up hours earlier than for homeschool. And they were all smiles when they got home. And in between I was able to clean the entire house, get a few work things actually finished without interruption, and was able to complete a full thought in my brain, which felt like a great accomplishment. We’ll just pretend for now that I didn’t get a call from each of their schools reporting 3 new CVD cases. We’ll just pretend. And breathe.Print 
Gluten Free Beef Marsala Stroganoff
- 16 ounces white mushrooms, sliced
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1 tablespoon avocado oil
- 1/3 cup marsala wine
- 1/4 cup (yes cup) minced dried onion
- 1 heaping teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 tablespoon organic gluten free tamari OR tablespoons coconut aminos
- 1 tablespoon cassava flour 
- 1 tablespoon ketchup
- 8 ounces sour cream
- Start by sauteing the mushrooms in the tablespoon of oil
- Let them cook down and sweat off water for around 10 minutes, while shifting them
- Then add in the beef, onion, marsala wine, garlic, pepper, tamari, and ketchup
- Stir the combination and allow it to cook until almost all of the liquid evaporates and until the beef cooks through
- Spoon a little bit of the mixture (with liquid) into a small bowl and add in the cassava flour  to that bowl
- Then add the small mixture back into the skillet
- Stir to thicken and lastly add the sour cream, stirring to incorporate fully
- Serve with grain free pasta, rice, cauli rice, or over roasted cauli