A hearty soup that’s not too heavy, this Creamy Paleo Instant Pot Sausage and Potato Soup is the perfect amount of savory and spice.
There’s still a little frost on the ground but I’ll be darned if Spring is not peeking its little sunny head out. Thanks golly Winter is almost over, I thought I might not make it. In the meantime, we’ll keep souping  it up over here.
In 8 short weeks my crew is packing up (yes again and yes we did just basically move here) and heading town to Florida for a year or two. Of all the places the military could send us, I’m not real mad about Florida. I mean, 30 minutes from the beach and swim weather year round? SIGN. ME. UP.
The less great part is the fact that we have to schlep our family to yet another new city, new set of schools, new doctors, new residence. But I’m hopeful this next assignment will be personally rewarding and spiritually fulfilling, because like I said…. BEACH. Ocean. Sand. Salty air.
Plus let’s be honest, as long as I have my family, my Instant Pot , coffee, and snacks, I reckon we’ll be just fine.Print 
Creamy Paleo Instant Pot Sausage and Potato Soup
- 2 tablespoons cooking fat (avocado oil, ghee, lard)
- 1 pound ground breakfast sausage
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 4 large Yukon gold potatoes, peeled and coarsely chopped
- 4 cups beef broth 
- 1/4 cup coconut aminos 
- Black pepper to taste
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt (or more to taste)
- 1/3 cup dairy free or regular cream cheese (you could also use coconut cream)
- 3 tablespoons cassava flour
- Press the saute feature on your Instant Pot  and drizzle in the cooking fat
- Add in the onion and sausage, sauteing and breaking up the meat for around 5 minutes
- Now add in the broth, seasonings, and potatoes, press the cancel button and secure the lid
- Pressure cook for 28 minutes on high pressure, then quick release the pressure valve
- Remove the lid once safe to do so and stir in the coconut cream or cream cheese until it is completely melted and incorporate
- Now take 1/2 cup of the soup, remove it from the Instant Pot and add the cassava flour into it, stirring it until it dissolves
- Now press the cancel button and the saute button and add the slurry back into the Instant Pot bowl, stirring until the soup thickens
- Serve hot garnished with fresh herbs and a little parmesan cheese if tolerated