If you are a fan of one pot meals that basically cook themselves, this CREAMY INSTANT POT  SHRIMP AND RICE is for you…dinner in a pinch is done!
Isn’t it funny how every year back to school happens, yet we can never quite prepare for the mad frenzy that ensues? Same goes for dinner! How is it that everyday dinner needs to be eaten and yet here we are scrambling to pull it together.
This year is no different. I’ve been scrambling to feel like a competent grown up this week as we send our 3 back to school and back to the routine of August-May. And this year is extra fun with 2 different schools that have completely spaced out hours of operation. The end result? I have 4 hours of my own each day to get my shizzle together, which I’ve done a not great job at doing so far.
Today, though, today was a win. At 4pm I tossed shrimp that went unused during Stacy from Real Everything ‘s visit, and then I started grabbing random ingredients from my fridge and pantry. To my delight, not only was my frenetically assembled dish edible, it was pretty freakin’ good.
So on this day, the 2nd day of school, everybody wins. I mean maybe not EVERYBODY, but I’m trying to be hopeful here. Looking for more easy weeknight meals? I got you boo. Try my Sheet Pan Shrimp Scampi , Instant Pot Beef Stew , Paleo Tamale Pie , or get a ton of great recipes in my books – Paleo Cooking with Your Instant Pot  and AFFORDABLE Paleo Cooking with Your Instant Pot. Print 
CREAMY INSTANT POT SHRIMP AND RICE
- 1.5 pounds jumbo FROZEN shrimp (peeled/deveined when possible)
- 1 cup dairy free plain yogurt
- 1 cup organic pizza sauce
- 1 cup basmati rice
- 4 cups chicken broth
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/4 teaspoon paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
- Parsley to garnish
- Spoon in the pizza sauce, yogurt, and broth into your Instant Pot 
- Stir to combine so the yogurt is incorporated
- Now sprinkle in the seasonings, shrimp, and rice, stirring once more
- Secure the IP lid and seal off the pressure valve
- Now press the “Rice” setting and allow it to cook
- Quick release the pressure valve and remove the lid once safe to do so (mine sputtered some with this dish so I recommend covering the pressure valve with a towel just in case)