All grown up but still obsessed with kid food? These Grain Free Pizza Bagel Bombs are right up your alley.
When Simone of Zenbelly  sent me a recipe idea for cheese stuffed pretzels, I know it had to become a Legit Bread Company  creation. But instead of stuffing my pizza crust  I decided to do some pizza bagel bombs with my bagel mix . I’ve made bagel bites before which you can find HERE, but never completely encrusted ones. It was due time.
The fun part about these is you can make them into whatever combo you want. Can’t do cheese? #subthedamncheese Want to do ham and mustard? Knock yourself out. Want to do an herbed cream cheese version, vegan or otherwise? You go honey, do that thing. Basically whatever you can imagine inside these little pockets of delight, you can stuff.
Naturally my mind is going wild with a million ideas. What about nutella? What about marshmallows and pecans and chocolate chips. I just couldn’t be more excited. I mean that’s not completely true. I could definitely be more excited if I could send my kids into their schools safely, or if I could go out in public without being surrounded by a bunch of irresponsible selfish people, but here we are. So until the world looks different, I’ll just hang here in my cave making bagels stuffed with delicious things and pretend that people are inherently good.
Some good news? I’ve written two consecutive recipes. I ave ideas for more. I have some killer new mixes coming this Fall, I have family living near me for the first time in almost 20 years, and life in my tiny circle of the world is pretty darn good. Sometimes I have to hyperfocus on that fact because when I look around at everything else happening, it feels pretty dismal. My wish for all of us for the rest of this year, is to stay healthy, to find joy, and to live on bagel bombs. I feel like that’s a really reasonable set of requests so I’m sticking with them.Print 
Grain Free Pizza Bagel Bombs
- 1 bag Legit Bread Company Bagel Mix 
- 1 tablespoon apple cider vinegar
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 1 packet yeast
- 1 pot water
- 4 ounces chopped pepperoni
- 4 ounces shredded Italian blend cheese
- Pizza sauce
- Follow the initial instructions on the bagel mix packaging to form the dough
- Bring a medium pot of water to a boil
- Preheat the oven to 425F
- After the dough is formed, divide it into 8 equal amounts
- Press each piece of dough into a disc, around 3 inches x 3 inches
- Take about 1 tablespoon of the cheese/pepperoni mixture and place it in the center
- Wrap the dough around it and make sure there are no cracks in the dough – make it into a ball shape
- Boil each filled dough ball for 4 minutes (they should float to the top)
- Transfer the bagel bombs to a baking sheet, top with a bit of cheese blend, garlic salt, and bake for 20 minutes
- Remove and allow to cool slightly then serve with warmed pizza sauce or marinara