Invited to a cookout but afraid you won’t have anything to eat there?! Bake a batch of these Allergen Friendly Raspberry Lemonade Cake Squares and you’ll be well fed and the hit of the party!
Summer time is in full swing complete with sunshine, whining, bugs, and trips to the beach (thanks golly for that last one). Before I set sail, and by set sail I mean stick my pasty tush in the sand and not move for a week, I wanted to share this new recipe I’ve been dreaming up the last two weeks.
In true Jen Robins fashion, this started as an entirely different recipe and morphed into this one when my original plan failed. When life gives you lemons, make Allergen Friendly Raspberry Lemonade Cake Squares? Exactly.
So in between splash park visits, Target water balloon hauls and packing for my entire family, I thought it was a great time to bake, aka therapy sesh, amiright? And you know I am 100% committed to the chocolate everything but as it turns out there is a weird segment of the population who occasionally wants to feast on something fruity and call it dessert. And since I don’t want to be judgy, even though they’re wrong, I decided to up my game and do a lil something different. I mean I did make that Strawberry Pie , and it turned out killer, so why the heck not?!
I even let the kids decorate these with non-crappy sprinkles after I took the photos, not so much because sprinkles make sense on these, but because I try to earn “fun mom” points so I can hold things over their heads in a full blown guilt session when needed. I try to channel the techniques of my Jewish foremothers, and that tactic is my fave.
So enjoy these Summery fun treats and I’ll catch you on the flip side when my tush is less pasty and dare I say a little more relaxed!
Allergen Friendly Raspberry Lemonade Cake Squares
- Prep Time: 10
- Cook Time: 25
- Total Time: 35 minutes
For the Cake Squares:
- 1 cup cassava flour 
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 cup cooking fat (I used avocado oil)
- 3/4 cup fruit-sweetened raspberry jelly , warmed
- 2 tablespoons grass fed gelatin (not collagen) 
- 1 teaspoon 100% vanilla extract
- Pinch sea salt
For the Lemon Frosting:
- 1/2 cup coconut butter, softened
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- Preheat the oven to 350F
- In a mixing bowl, combine the cake ingredients, stirring well to combine
- Spoon them into a parchment lined baking dish measuring around 10×6
- Bake for around 25 minutes or until the middle is baked through and slightly springy
- While your cake bars bake, stir the frosting ingredients well in another bowl
- If your mixture is too liquidy, pop it into the fridge for a few minutes to slightly firm up and turn opaque
- Slice your cake and allow them to cool COMPLETELY
- Then spread your frosting on the cooled cake squares and serve