I know I’m exhausted too – that’s why I made US this 30-Minute Tex Mex Casserole!
I uploaded this dang reel THREE TIMES to Instagram this week to try to get y’all some fresh eats. And it showed it to NOBODY. I made this so stinkin’ long ago the leftovers have all now been eaten. Gah. So let’s try this again. Hi, I made you a delicious 30 minute casserole and it’s worth seeing!!!
I’m still trying to find my groove cooking in the kitchen of our new house. As much as I love it, I don’t entirely feel settled yet so I’m leaning on almost-ready-to-eat meals often. That doesn’t mean “unhealthy” but they are definitely not homemade either. My goal is to get my kids more familiar with -independent cooking- so that during the school year they can alternate making meals for the fam.
We tried it last year but to be honest, without me enforcing it, it just sort of fell by the wayside. So here we are again, LET’S DO THIS!
Inevitably every time I make a casserole someone gives me a hard time about cheese or ugliness or some other boredom-derived criticism. So here it all is out in the open:
- This has cheese. Sub it, trash it, don’t make it, breathe deep.
- This is not militant paleo – there are still a few bloggers around who tell you only meat is allowed if you raised it from birth so maybe they are a better fit for you
- It’s ugly. It’s a flippin’ casserole y’all. The whole point of a casserole is to feed people, not garnish a plate with edible flowers. Go to a Michelin restaurant if you need pretty
If you aren’t worried about the aforementioned, let’s dig in. This sh*t’s the best, I promise.Print 
30-Minute Tex Mex Casserole
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1 can diced tomatoes + peppers (undrained)
- 8 ounce cream cheese
- 1 teaspoon garlic salt
- 6 gluten free tortillas like Siete Foods 
- 8 ounces shredded cheddar
- Preheat oven to 400F
- Brown the ground beef and add seasoning, cream cheese, and tomatoes/peppers undrained
- Continue to stir until all the ingredients meld
- Layer 3x in a small/medium casserole dish – tortillas, meat mixture, then cheese
- After adding the top layer of shredded cheddar, bake for 10-15 minutes or until cheese is gooey and melty and releases extra dairy juice on everything
- Serve with sour cream and cilantro and enjoy!