Who says game day recipes need to be made of fake cheese and processed junk?! This W30 Hidden Veggie Tailgate Chili is loaded with the good stuff and nobody has to know!
Look, I grew up on pretend cheese dip and corn chips and I’ll be the first to say it’s DELICIOUS! But I also have come to the point where my body needs me to try a little bit harder than boxed snacks. I made this recipe in collaboration with Pederson’s Natural Farms, because their meats are truly some of the best around.
Their bacon is always a fan favorite, but don’t let that star dim the light of their ground beef, which I used for this chili recipe. With no gamey taste, this grass-fed beef is absolutely delicious as burgers or in soups and stews. And in this gem, I added 5, yes FIVE hidden veggies, you’d never realize are there. So this recipe, which is not only perfect for tailgating, is also perfect for immune support – which we clearly all need more of about now!
If you are eating Whole 30, this one is compliant and you can add toppings that are as well. If you aren’t, feel free to go wild with cheese, sour cream, pickled jalapenos and the whole shabang. That’s what makes chili so versatile, you can tweak it to meet whatever your dietary needs and wants are.
Need more chili recipes?! Try THIS Cowboy Chili or THIS Southwest Spicy and Sweet Chili from Affordable Paleo Cooking with Your Instant PotPrint
W30 Hidden Veggie Tailgate Chili
- 1 pound Pederson’s ground beef
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 28 ounces crushed tomatoes
- 2 cups chopped carrots
- 2 cups riced cauliflower
- 1 red pepper, chopped
- 1 onion, chopped
- 2 sweet potatoes, peeled and chopped
- 2 tablespoons chili powder
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- ½ teaspoon black pepper
- ½ teaspoon cumin
- Sea salt to taste
- Saute the beef and the oil in your Instant Pot (using the saute feature) for 3-5 minutes.
- Add in the veggies and seasonings as well as the crushed tomatoes.
- Stir to combine and secure the lid and pressure valve.
- Press the “Chili” button and allow the chili to cook.
- Release the pressure valve once the cooking cycle is complete.
- Remove the lid and garnish with avocado, Whole 30 compliant sour cream, fresh cilantro and chopped red onion if desired.
Leave a Reply