Need a quick lunch for one? Try my Two Minute Single Serving Tomato Soup and if you need to double or triple it, go for it!
Welp, we made it through the first week of school. And by “made it” I mean we got one kid quarantined after 2 days back. That said, we were able to get an all clear and a negative covid test on day 5 so she is back! And we are all rejoicing.
It’s been a wild ride – for everyone. We’ve homeschooled for almost a year, then decided for a variety of reasons that we are definitely better humans when we go to in-person school. So this year, despite the surge and negligence of many, back-to-school was a must for us. And I am convinced, even now, that it’s the best way to go.
That does not come without challenges during a pandemic, obviously. We are still navigating this as a family who believes that everyone should be able to attend school, even the kids who need our help in being protected. But we will press on. We’ve got our supplements, our PMA (positive mental attitude), and plenty of masks and rapid at home tests.
Today I got to send my youngest back after her quarantine and got to hit the kitchen again. I’ve been a little neglectful to be honest, and not full of a ton of inspo. But I did have this idea and got pretty pumped for it. It basically takes the same amount of time as it does to open and heat a can of soup – but with just a few ingredients and no can!
With all 3 kids back in the classroom, I was able to throw this together in minutes. And I mean like literally minutes. And what’s pretty cool is you probably have all the things you need in your pantry and fridge. Plus you can make it completely vegan! A win for everyone.Print
Two Minute Single Serving Tomato Soup
- 1 cup dairy free milk ( I used oat)
- 2.5 tablespoons concentrated tomato paste
- 1/4 teaspoon honey or maple syrup
- 2 tablespoons parmesan or Italian blend cheese (can sub dairy free)
- Pinch truffle sea salt (or garlic sea salt)
- Pinch black pepper
- Combine all ingredients in a microwave-safe bowl (yes you can make this stove-top, it will take longer than 2 minutes in that case)
- Use a whisk or immersion blender and blend the ingredients until smooth
- Microwave for one and half minutes (or cook on the stovetop in a small saucepan until heated through)
- Serve with extra cheese if desired topped with flaky sea salt and parsley
Leave a Reply