The other day at the market I passed by the most voluptuous thighs. I imagined sinking my teeth right in and motorboating all that juicy meat. People! Snap out of it, I’m talking chicken thighs here. Well I passed over those beauties when I laid my eyes on the new shipment of pasture raised drumsticks and wings. I was pumped and was pretty sure I’d make a batch of my Buffalo Wings with them. But then I got to thinkin’. It’s been nothing short of crazy lately and sadly I’ve neglected the blog because The New Yiddish Kitchen wants me all to herself. And the kids of course – have to do that mom thang.
So I figured, I owe y’all a new recipe and that’s when I got to thinkin’ about a delicious Teriyaki Chicken Wings recipe! Yes! That was it and here it is! I made these tonight for dinner and they were flavorful and fought over. Savory and sweet with lotsa garlic – I hope you’ll love them as much as my family did!
- 2 pounds chicken wings and drummettes
- 1/4 cup coconut aminos
- 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/4 cup maple syrup
- 2-3 tablespoons mayonnaise (omit for AIP)
- UP TO 1 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/2 cup tapioca starch
- Combine all ingredients except for the tapioca starch in a large zip top plastic bag and shake
- Refrigerate for at least 2 hours for maximum flavor
- Preheat the oven to 400 and then shake in the tapioca starch into the bag
- Shake again and let rest while oven preheats
- Now place chicken onto a parchment or foil lined baking sheet
- Bake for 40-45 minutes or until preferred doneness is reached
This was SO GOOD!!! I used boneless thighs, since that is all I had on hand, and it was awesome! My boys gobbled them up so quickly. So glad I made a double batch for leftovers! Thank you for the yummy goodness!
Made these last week and they were delicious! Thank you so much for so many good recipes.
Do you add the tapioca while it’s in the marinade? There seems to be a missing step.
It’s included in step 3, after preheating in the oven, did you see that part?
Can you replace the tapioca starch with arrowroot powder?
Yes that should work!
I’m in the process of making this recipe ,can I leave out the starch ? I’m doubling the recipe ,and I wonder is it still palpable if I do not double the maple syrup .?
Thank you ,
Hi Margaret, I didn’t see this in time, did you figure out your solution?