Love Pizza + Tacos?! We should be best friends. And to solidify our bond, you should also make this recipe for Paleo Taco Pizza.
So yesterday was Taco Tuesday, which really is such an insult to tacos if you ask me. What makes the other days of the week bad choices for tacos? Exactly. I say we don’t disparage any food group or day of the week. But my plan was to introduce you to this delicious new recipe that satisfies TWO food groups – both tacos AND pizza. It’s the American Dream, a blending of all the things.
So as the day unfolded, I quickly realized that this recipe was not going to get posted on its assigned day. Between getting the kids ready for school, deciding to redo my office last minute (lookin’ at you feng shui), finding out some potential places we could move next Summer (always a fun game with the Air Force), and maybe 500 other boring things you’d rather not hear about, I knew I’d have to save this one for today.
By the way, I’ve been so distracted by “things” I am behind on all Bravo shows, which if you know me must mean something up. The good news is the kids’ mysterious rashes are fading and I’m out of bed so I will do my due diligence to watch more Housewives and Southern Charm reunions this week. This I promise you. Oh and the new season of OITNB, seriously, I need to get on this.
So while I go dig into mindless tv and pretend that Summer isn’t over, I give you this Paleo Taco Pizza, sure to please the masses and the dedicated food days of the week.Print
Paleo Taco Pizza
- 2 batches paleo pizza crust, divided into 4 sections – I used THIS recipe
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1/2 teaspoon chili powder
- 1/2 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon paprika
- 1/4 teaspoon ground chipotle pepper
- 1 jar Siete Foods Queso Blanco (if you do not have this, use the cheese from THIS recipe or the Queso from my $1 menu or Paleo Kids Cookbook)
- Fresh pico de gallo
- Fresh cilantro
- Fresh or pickled sliced jalapenos
- 1 diced avocado
- 1/2 red onion, diced
- Preheat your oven to 375
- Now combine all crust ingredients in a bowl and kneed by hand until you have a big ball of dough
- Now divide that ball of dough into 4 equal sized balls of dough
- Roll out each dough section between two pieces of parchment paper to desired thickness. If your dough cracks around the edges, just seal it back together by hand
- **I recommend making a thin crust with this one for optimal results
- Now bake the crusts for 8-10 minutes on each side (flipping once after the first 8-10 minutes)
- While the dough bakes, prepare your taco beef by breaking it up in a skillet over medium heat and adding in the seasonings
- Cook until no longer pink
- Remove the pizza crusts from the oven, spoon a couple tablespoons of the queso blanco (or alternative cheese) on the base
- Sprinkle the taco beef and a tablespoon or more of the pico de gallo, red onion, and jalapenos on top
- Bake for another 8 minutes and remove from oven; you can place the pizzas directly on the rack
- Before serving, add the avocado and cilantro